Shrink Sleeve Technology Workshop
Learn about shrink sleeve technology, markets and applications from the experts. Gain a clear understanding of the design and origination requirements; find out about suitable shrinkable films; review the different printing processes and how to select them; gain an appreciation of the latest converting technologies and specialized applications; find out about sleeve performance and quality, including troubleshooting and fault finding.
This 3 hour workshop will be presented by Andy Thomas-Emans, along with other leading experts from the field of shrink sleeve materials and technology. It is in association with the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
The price includes the master class and refreshments (RMB1800.00).
WED 04 DECEMBER
10:00 - 10:25Introduction to the Label Academy and shrink sleeve technology
- Standardizing global training: aims and objectives
- What is sleeving and why is it used?
- Key market sectors, market sie and trends
10:25 - 10:55Design and origination for sleeve labels
- Container and design considerations
- Creating die-lines and supplying artwork
- Positioning of barcodes, proofing and plates
- Joe Jiao | Digital Flexo Expert, ESKO
10:55 - 11:20Substrates and their usage
- Exploring shrinkable film types and their characteristics
- Understanding usage considerations
- Performance requirements and special feature films
11:20 - 11:30Break
11:30 - 12:00Printing ink technologies for sleeves
- Considering the different printing processes: UV and WB flexo, gravure and digital
- Process selection for proper inks
- Special feature ink options
- Olek Zhang | Technology Manager, Flint Group
12:00 - 12:30Converting and application technology
- Slitting, seaming, inspection, application and shrink steps
- Understanding the process and getting it right
- Implementing tamper evident, security and brand protection features
12:30 - 13:00Ensuring the best results
- Performance and quality considerations
- Fault finding and troubleshooting
- Successful case studies