Flexpack Asia will run alongside Labelexpo Asia 2019 and is a brand new feature area designed exclusively around showcasing the latest flexible packaging innovations. This includes in-line presses, inks, coatings and surface treatment such as corona for flexible packaging films, laminating films, and high speed slitting equipment for master flexible packaging rolls.
Until recently flexible packaging and shrink sleeve production had been dominated by wide web central impression flexo and wide web gravure presses. Historically flexible packaging and shrink sleeves have been long run products, where low price, wide web widths and high running speed are the most important factors.
Today that situation is changing, driven by changing consumer behaviour, including:
- ‘Millennial’ consumers are not loyal to a particular brand. They want to try more products and more variations (SKUs) within existing brands
- Consumers want products that reflect their lifestyle and values (for example healthy, sustainable etc)
- Consumers want to interact with brands (competitions, user-generated content etc)
- Food and drink ‘snack’ products are increasingly consumed ‘on the run’, so single-serve packs are required
- Family units are smaller and less likely to eat at the same time, requiring smaller format ‘multi-packs’